Call Today 330-525-8607
Kenneth M. Crislip Attorney at Law
Serving the Akron metro area


The state of Ohio is cracking down on DUI/OVI offenses. Public officials in Ohio recognize the serious consequences that can come with drinking and driving and the penalties reflect that. Kenneth Crislip is a DUI/OVI lawyer in the metro area of Akron, Ohio. He has handled numerous DUI cases and can provide you with a strong defense. We have compiled some common questions below.

Q: What is the legal limit in Ohio?

A: The standard legal limit for a DUI in Ohio is .08. However, if you blow over a .17, you could face harsher penalties.

Q: Will I go to jail for my first DUI?

A: It is possible to go to jail for your first offense for three to six months. However, you can seek alternative options such as a certified driver intervention program to avoid jail.

Q: Is Ohio an "implied consent" state?

A: Yes. If you refuse an Intoxilyzer test, your driver's license will automatically be suspended. The suspension is usually 15 to 30 days.

Q: Can I challenge a field sobriety test?

A: Yes. A lawyer can help you determine if the field test was performed correctly. A lawyer can also challenge the results of blood and urine tests.

Q: Is .08 the legal limit for minors?

A: No. If a minor is arrested and blows over a .02, he or she could face a DUI charge. A DUI charge when you are underage can have profound consequences on your future.

Q: Is a DUI a felony?

A: Not at first, but if you become a repeat offender, you will be charged with a felony and face more serious penalties.

Q: When do you become a repeat DUI offender?

A: After you have been convicted of three DUI/OVI charges, your next one could be considered a repeat offense, and the penalties could be more severe.

Q: Will I lose my commercial driver's license if I get a DUI?

A: If you get a DUI/OVI, you run the risk of losing your CDL.

Q: I got a DUI in Ohio, but I live in another state. What happens?

A: If you are arrested on suspicion of DUI/OVI in Ohio, you will have to go to court in Ohio. A lawyer can appear on your behalf on out-of-state DUI charges and defend your driving privileges.

Q: How can a DUI/OVI lawyer help?

A: A lawyer will check to see if the stop was legal and make sure police procedure was followed throughout the legal process. A lawyer can also defend you in administrative court in license suspension hearings.

Charged With DUI? Call Now.

For a consultation to discuss your DUI/OVI, call Kenneth M. Crislip Attorney at Law in the metro area of Akron, Ohio, at 330-525-8607 or send an email.


Contact Kenneth M. Crislip Attorney at Law

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy